Why Bottled Water Is Killing The Planet
It has taken a while but many businesses are now realising that there is an alternative to buying in bottled water for their own premises.
The crazy situation of water being transported half way around the world is becoming a thing of the past. Many are opting for an onsite environmentally friendly filtration system that provides pure chilled, still and sparkling water and teams up with reusable glass bottles.
The facts that surround the impact of bottled water on the environment makes for scary reading – even for someone with the slightest green conscience.
- There is a floating garbage patch in the North Pacific – which is estimated to be six times the size of England that contains millions of tonnes of rubbish – mostly plastic.
- In the UK alone the manufacturing of plastic consumes 580,000 tonnes of fossil fuels each year – the same weight at 1,896 Boeing 747’s.
- Only one in seven plastic bottles is recycled.
- It is estimated that 3 litres of water are used to package every litre bottle of water.
- Seventeen million barrels of oil are used every year in the production of plastic bottles – in the US alone.
With those facts in mind it is important that we all play a part in helping reduce the damage to our environment.
Replacing bottled water really is an option and at Eceau we look after all your drinking water needs whilst helping the environment at the same time.
Whether it’s instant boiling, chilled or sparkling water you need, we have a number of systems available to cater for a variety of businesses – all of which will save you time and money too.
For more information about how we can help you find the perfect drinking water solution and some interesting facts and figures, read an article about us, written for Tomorrow’s FM Magazine.
Take a look at our products in more detail here or call 0845 2876587 to speak to one of our sales team.